Well we made it to the 2nd trimester! Yay!!!! I thought since I am trying to use this blog as a bit of a diary that I would mention a few of the highlights and low points of the 1st trimester! Highlights definitely included sharing the news with all our friends and family. I think one of my favorite reactions was from Sarah Tuttle who practically screamed in the middle of the Chili's restaurant when we told her the news. I also really enjoyed the first scan (details below) and my second appointment with my midwife. I got to hear the heart beat again (which was good and strong). The midwife said my iron and hormone levels were fantastic, which was really comforting to know. One of the highlights of the 1st trimester has also been all the love and support I have received from wonderful friends and family. Cooked dinners and gifts from the neighbors, cards from friends in the U.S. and NZ, a big edible fruit boquet deliver to my work from Tyler and very special moments shared with Tyler as he has supported me through my struggles with morning sickness! My sister Bianca has also been fantastic with her well timed text messages of support and the reminder that I would be able to make it through the sickness.
Low points?..... Definitely the visit to the ER for fluids, where I think I was overdosed with Phenergan and had a not so friendly encounter with one of the ER nurses! Not to mention the daily struggle to keep my food down, get my work done and keep on going.
Well the morning sickness sure isn't over yet (two pukes today so far and counting)... but this last week has come with a couple of really good days where I have been able to enjoy a good meal without feeling sick and remember what it felt like to feel normal again. Fingers crossed the number of good days will continue to increase and soon the nausea will be a distant memory!
Wednesday was the start of trimester 2 and the belly bean is apparently the size of a lemon! I have graduated into a couple of pairs of prego jeans which are oh so comfy (Heidi Klum's prego skinny jeans to be exact). I put on one of my larger pairs of regular jeans to go out on a date last night (thinking they might still fit) and I couldn't get button within about 5 inches of doing up! Apparently other people are starting to notice the growth also as I got my first "you look pregnant comment" from a lady at my work on Wednesday (which I thought was well timed being the very first day of trimester 2).
I am excited to continue to watch this baby grow and experience the rest of this crazy new adventure...
There are so many ups and downs by the end of pregnancy you will almost have forgotten all the sick days... oh wait I guess that's only if it ever goes away! Fingers crossed! I am so glad you are blogging, I just want some of those cute belly pictures! :)
ReplyDeleteSaff it was so fun to see you at Kay's. You gotta get a picture for Em cuz your tiny belly is SO cute. :)
ReplyDelete