Saturday, January 29, 2011

What goes down must come up!

Well the last few weeks have been quite the roller coaster! Especially for my stomach! I have been sick almost constantly and have seen way too many meals come back up (the most exciting time being on the side of the road after one of Tyler's late night soccer game)! Thankfully my doctor has put me on Zofran which has definitely helped with the vomiting, although the nausea is still there most of the time. Night times are tricky because I can only go a couple of hours before I get hungry, my blood sugar drops and then I feel sick. I am up about 5 or 6 times a night. Not to mention the peeing!! I am constantly eating (which you'd think would be fun). Fingers crossed this only lasts a few more weeks! Tyler has been a fantastic support.

The much more fun side of the last few weeks has been telling our families and a few friends about our exciting news. We told the Capson side of the family at our annual week at snowbird. Tyler announced the news during "family home evening" as part of "family business." They were all so excited for us and it was great to get to talk to Sue, Liz, Jen and Emily about their pregnancy experiences. We told my family a few days later (although a lucky few already knew we were trying). It was fun to tell Mum and Carrie via a Skype chat and to see their expressions. Dad, Bianca and my brothers were all really excited as well. I have felt a lot of love and support over these last few weeks as I have been so ill. I am thankful for good friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment