Not long to go now! Here is a photo from today - bubs is getting so big now! His little kicks have turned into complete morphing of my stomach. Last night Tyler and I sat staring at my stomach in hysterics as it had morphed into a cone shape pointing out towards the right side of my body! I am getting slower and slower by the day and am in quite a lot of pain due to something my mid-wife calls Pubic Symphysis Diastasis. Sleeping for two hours at a time is a real accomplishment, but surprisingly I am not too tired during the day (all good practice for the months ahead I'm sure!). Everyone keeps asking me how I'm coping with the summer heat... Other than needing the air-con on (which is no different from every other Utah Summer) all the time it really doesn't seem to be an issue. I have had a few days of nausea here and there, but nothing too bad really. And I asked my mid-wife the other day when I can expect to get stretch marks and she told me that if I was going to get them I would've already... yeeha!!!! Thank you to whichever of my parents passed on their non-stretch marky skin to me!!.... Not all hope of future bikini days at the beach has been lost!! All in all this future mama can't complain!
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
34 Weeks!
Not long to go now! Here is a photo from today - bubs is getting so big now! His little kicks have turned into complete morphing of my stomach. Last night Tyler and I sat staring at my stomach in hysterics as it had morphed into a cone shape pointing out towards the right side of my body! I am getting slower and slower by the day and am in quite a lot of pain due to something my mid-wife calls Pubic Symphysis Diastasis. Sleeping for two hours at a time is a real accomplishment, but surprisingly I am not too tired during the day (all good practice for the months ahead I'm sure!). Everyone keeps asking me how I'm coping with the summer heat... Other than needing the air-con on (which is no different from every other Utah Summer) all the time it really doesn't seem to be an issue. I have had a few days of nausea here and there, but nothing too bad really. And I asked my mid-wife the other day when I can expect to get stretch marks and she told me that if I was going to get them I would've already... yeeha!!!! Thank you to whichever of my parents passed on their non-stretch marky skin to me!!.... Not all hope of future bikini days at the beach has been lost!! All in all this future mama can't complain!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looking good Saff, not long to go now.
ReplyDeleteAwesome about the no stretch marks. Like you I was also able to avoid them ... but lathered a whole lot of bio oil on my belly the first time round, second time I was a bit lazy but it didn't seem to make any difference. You either get them or you don't I guess! You will also find breastfeeding is the best diet around - you'll be back in that bikini in no time.
I read some the Ina May stuff above and totally agree. I had to have a caesar the first time round... not planned it was just the way things worked out... but had Isabelle naturally.
Anyway this is the longest comment ever! Looking forward to seeing pics of little baby Capson in the not so distant future :) Jen