Tuesday, June 21, 2011

30 weeks!

So I have finally reached 30 weeks of being pregnant! Here's a picture.

It is great to think that I am less than 3 months away from meeting our little guy... and at the same time, it still feels a long time away.

I have been thankful to enjoy a couple of months with lots of energy and am only just starting to slow down now. Sleeping is starting to become pretty tricky - I rotate through a couple of different positions through the night (each lasting about 2 -3 hours before I'm awake again). Most of the positions involve very strategic positioning of about 52 pillows. Last night as we lay down to go to bed (with me basically sitting in an upright position propped up with pillows) Tyler announces that he feels like he is sleeping next to Mt. Lehi. He quickly noted that that was because of my stack of pillows and nothing to do with the size of anything else in the bed (wise man..)

We are onto week 9 of our Bradley birthing course now - http://bradleybirth.com/. I can't believe how much I have learnt and have felt very blessed that we have had the opportunity to participate. Hopefully all of the time, money and practice pays off in 3 months time. I have to say that sitting for two hours cross-legged on the floor cramped into a living room with 5 other couples is starting to get a little old now though and I am going to be glad to be done with the classes.

The nursery is coming along great - the blue walls and beautiful brown furniture looks fantastic. We went to Tai Pan trading company yesterday and bought all sorts of "country and western themed" decorations. And as of last night I have finally starting making the bedding (partially out of Tyler's grandpa's old country shirts).

1 comment:

  1. I love the lamp you found (saw on facebook) you need to post a picture of the nursery when it's all done! Or maybe I'll just come and see it for myself!

    ReplyDelete