Sunday, April 17, 2011

Trip to Moab and other things...

Last weekend we were planning to go to Las Vegas for Tyler's soccer tournament. It ended up getting canceled at the last minute, so instead Tyler planned a quick surprise trip to Moab for us to get away for the weekend. We stayed at a pet-friendly hotel so we could take Fern (I was incredibly surprised by its cleanliness!).

Here are a few pictures from our weekend.

On Saturday we went and did some hiking in Dead Horse State Park. Slightly relieved there were no dead horses to be seen!


And on Sunday we visited Arches National Park, which was very cool! The little arch that you can see in the background of the picture of me (above right) is called "Delicate Arch" and it is the arch shown on the Utah License Plates. It was a 3 hour hike to get right up to it though, so decided not to make that trip!

On the baby front... baby is continuing to get bigger (and stronger!) by the day! This last week was interesting because it was the first time complete strangers referred to me as pregnant (I guess that means that they are sure just by looking at me that I am.. and that they won't be making a huge mistake by calling me that). It is interesting the affect that my pregnant belly has on some people. Especially males. I have had a couple of co-workers now get all gooey at the sight of my belly and start reminiscing about when their wives were pregnant. It has been so special for me to see that these men hold a special place in their hearts for the time when their wives were pregnant and has made me remember to cherish this experience even more.

In the last few weeks Tyler and I have become quite the "Baby's R Us" shoppers! Due to our constant interrogating of Baby's R Us store workers, I wouldn't be surprised if we are on some kind of customer black list.... but seriously... how else is one to ever make a decision on which car seat or crib to buy out of all 300 possible options? I think our hard work has paid off though... I think we almost have the essentials (nursery furniture and car seat) covered. And through the use of coupons, discounts and harassing the store workers... got everything at a steal!

Lastly, we are starting our Bradley birthing class on Tuesday night. Scary to think we are far enough along to be doing that, but very excited to feel a little more educated and prepared for whats to come!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun little trip! You guys are smart to get those in before it gets a bit more complicated! The gooey males makes me laugh, it seems like the older they are the gooeyier they are! You look spool cute with your tiny little tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys had fun. It was great to see you last weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a beautiful place to go hiking. I can't wait to see all your baby stuff. I love baby stuff! lol

    ReplyDelete