Thursday, December 23, 2010

We're Pregnant!

On December 15th, 2010 we found out we were pregnant! We had been trying since July, 2010 (5 months... which to me felt like an eternity). In reality, I think when we got pregnant was probably the first time we actually got the timing right thanks to work trips, a trip to New Zealand for Crystals wedding, illnesses and my wonderful irregular cycles (since I went off the pill my cycles were getting longer with a grand total of 60 days before I got pregnant!) But regardless it felt like an eternity. Along the way I found a fantastic book by Toni Weschler called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility"... Not only was it responsible for helping us time ovulation with irregular cycles, but I learnt all sorts of things they definitely did not teach me in Tawa College health education!

One of the first signs of the pregnancy was cramping a week or so after ovulation (which occured on December 1st according to waking morning temperature monitoring). I also started to experience cramping and mid-night hunger attacks in the few days before taking the pregnancy test.

The day I took the pregnancy test I was at the Himalayan Kitchen for a WTS Christmas luncheon. I was crampy and mildly nauseous throughout the lunch. I got up the courage to pick up a pregnancy test on the way back to the office after lunch. Three or four negative tests from the previous months made me pretty nervous to take one this time around. But I figured I was either pregnant or had some kind of tummy bug which ought to be seen by a doctor!!!

I was shaking like crazy when I took the test!

















That night on the way to pick up Tyler from work I stopped and bought a little gift for the "daddy-to-be." We were having left over Indian and a celebratory bottle of Martinelli's for dinner when I surprised him. He gave me a big hug and was very excited! He's going to be a great Dad!











I have my first appointment scheduled with OB/GYN associates for Jan 20th. I will be 8 weeks when I go for my first appointment! I have decided to try out a mid-wife. Her name is Vicki O'Neil.

We decided it would be fun to take a couple of pictures every month to show how the Belly Bean is growing! Here's the first one! Yep... abs of steal baby! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment